Every year, our union family celebrates Labor Day to honor our hard-working members, and working men and women across the country. Here at the International, we recognize that many of you have your own Labor Day traditions and events, parades, rallies, and picnics. That is why we decided to celebrate by doing something that would not interrupt your own or your members’ holiday celebrations—something fun and easy, with a big reward attached.
That is why this year, the UFCW International is hosting its first-ever Labor Day art contest.
UFCW members and their dependents are eligible to enter an original work of art in the contest, and could win a $500 Visa gift card AND have their artwork framed and displayed at the DC Labor Fest in the fall. The winning piece will also be available for all UFCW locals and members at our online UFCW Store. Two runners-up will receive a $50 Visa gift card, as well.It is simple. Members just need to upload a high resolution photo image or PDF file of their original art at www.ufcw.org/contest. The submission must have a Labor Day theme, and the artwork needs to be by either a member or their dependent. For your reference, see attached flyer.
The deadline to submit is August 25, and winners will be notified by August 29.
Please join us in congratulating UFCW Local 919’s latest Scholarship winners! Outstanding job students!
- MICHAEL DYLAN TUTTLE – SON OF GEORGE TUTTLE #630
- ELISSABETH GIANNA DANIELE – DAUGHTER OF FRANK DANIELE #692
- CASSANDRA BELLE WHITE – DAUGHTER OF SHEILA WHITE # 611
- SAMANTHA MARIE VITALE – DAUGHTER OF ELIZABETH VITALE # 2633
- STEPHANI BRYNN ESPOSITO – MEMBER OF #665
- RECECCA MARINA KOONZ – DAUGHTER OF RICK KOONZ #601
- CASSIDY MARIE ATKINSON – DAUGHTER OF LISA ATKINSON # 678
RECIPIENTS WHO ARE PRESENTLY IN COLLEGE
- NICOLE ELINOR GREEN – MEMBER #613
- RYAN ALEXANDER CORBETT – SON OF STEPHEN CORBETT #616
- CALI NOELLE TETRAULT – DAUGHTER OF TIMOTHY TETRAULT # 615
Apple Users, click on the link below, download the App and sign up to create your account.
Google Play/Android Users, click on the link below download the App and sign up to create your account.
Or simply scan the QR code below with your smartphone: