JOIN THE UFCW
Open The Door To A Better Future
Becoming a union member is the best way you can improve your life and your family’s future. Unions are workers helping workers to:
- Improve wages, benefits, and working conditions:
- Have an independent voice at work: and
- Be treated with dignity and respect.
Your union dues pay for:
- Union representatives who visit your workplace and make sure you are being treated fairly and that your legal rights are upheld:
- Special discount programs and services only for members:
- Organizing to protect union jobs; and
- Experts who voice your concerns to state and national legislators on issues of concern to working families.
The U.S. government says you have the legal right to join a union or help organize a union where you work.
The more workers join together to fight for their rights, the more management listens to what they have to say.
Only union members can participate in negotiations and vote on union contracts.
The more you and your co-workers are involved in the union, the more everyone gains – better wages, better working conditions, and better benefits.
WHAT CAN YOU DO
- Join the UFCW and ask your co-workers to join.
- Talk to your co-workers about benefits of being a union member.
- Start thinking about improvements on your job.
Together, you and your co-workers can make a better place to work.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TODAY! Contact Director of Organizing, at 800-842-2215 OR
BELONGING TO THE UNION MEANS MORE MONEY FOR YOU
Union members earn substantially more than comparable nonunion workers.
The UFCW strongly believes that workers should have a voice in their jobs. The only way to have a true voice in your workplace is to have a union contract. Unions negotiate for:
- Wages increases
- Safe conditions on the job
- Employer-paid health insurance including vision, dental, and prescription drugs
- Reasonable line speeds and workload requirements
- Job security and seniority rights
- Paid Holidays and vacations
- Opportunities for advancement and
- Protection from unfair treatment and favoritism by the boss.