YOUR CREDIT UNION SERVICES FOR ALL MEMBERS OF
U.F.C.W. UNION, LOCAL 919
We are pleased to announce a great Union benefit that can make your financial planning easier and more profitable in the years ahead. All Local 919 members can now take advantage of the services of Metropolitan Credit Union – the Credit Union leader in payroll deduction plans in the United States. They offer the highest possible interest rates on savings and the lowest on loans.
THE PAYROLL DEDUCTION PLAN:
If you find it difficult to save and hard to pay back loans, you will find the payroll deduction to be the answer. Funds are automatically deducted from your paycheck by your Employer and sent to the Credit Union. You determine the amount you wish to be deducted each pay period and it will be credited to your account for either savings or repayment of a loan. A computerized statement will be sent to you advising of the current status of your account plus you have access at anytime through Online and Mobile banking.
WHAT KIND OF SAVINGS ACCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE?
- CHRISTMAS CLUB: Christmas Club checks are issued the first week in October. Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly. (Nominal fee for early withdrawal.)
- VACATION CLUB: Vacation Club checks are issued the first week in May. Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly. (Nominal fee for early withdrawal.)
- REGULAR SAVINGS: No notice is required for withdrawal. Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly.
- MY REWARD CHECKING ACCOUNT: No ATM fees worldwide, PLUS earn points with each debit purchase when you enroll in the rewards program.
- MONEY MARKET FUND ACCOUNT: Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly. Checks are offered. $1,000.00 minimum deposit. Rate subject to change and member receives average rate for the month.
- TERM CERTIFICATES: Three months to five years. Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly. Rates are subject to change. $500.00 minimum deposit.
- INDIVIDUAL RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS: Metro Credit Union is an IRS qualified financial institution for starting and maintaining your IRA. This tax-sheltered savings and investment plan is designed in a variety of plans to best suit your specific needs: IRA Term Certificates with various maturities, IRA Rollovers, and the IRA Accumulator allowing for regular deposits each pay period.
All dividends are posted monthly. Deposits are Federally insured in full up to $250,000.00 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), and additional funds over and above $250,000.00 will be insured by Massachusetts Credit Union Share Insurance (MSIC.)